1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Visited Houston Texas, took a direct flight to my destination city, made waffles in a waffle maker, and made green bean casserole
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
For 2007, I set some goals, and I did work toward them.
Again for 2008, I plan to continue – like the Bible says – to “be happy and do good.” (Ecc. 3:12) I also resolve to have a serious talk very soon with my boyfriend about our relationship.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Great Aunt Laverne passed away in January, 2007, although I hadn’t seen her for quite a few years.
5. What countries did you visit?
None, but I did travel more (three separate trips) than I did in any previous year.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A better understanding of my job
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 4th, because of the incident mentioned below in question 9
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I accomplished quite a few of the website-related items on my To Do list.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Without going into detail, on one specific occasion I did nothing when I should have done something, and I will regret that for a very, very long time.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing terrible. In fact, after changing my diet, some spots (warts?) that had been on my left hand for years cleared up.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Some furniture (stackable storage units) from Pier 1
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Stacey Grenrock Woods, who cited my MacGyver website (albeit misspelled) in her story for the book “What Would MacGyver Do?”
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Drama Queens and Petty Game Players at work
14. Where did most of your money go?
Again this year, to my apartment
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My crushes on the guys at work
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
“Big Girls Don’t Cry” by Fergie, because my feelings for my boyfriend cooled down
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Happier
Older or wiser? Wiser, as I really do try to learn things from my experiences
Thinner or fatter? Fatter, since my old jeans still don’t fit :depressed sigh:
Richer or poorer? Richer, since I continued work in my entry-level job in the engineering field
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sharing my faith and encouraging people
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Complaining about my boyfriend
20. How did you spend Christmas?
I stayed at my mom’s. We opened presents with my sister. I helped make lunch (hey, someone’s gotta open the cans). My sister and I watched a Scooby Doo video and then Pretty in Pink.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
No, but I had a couple of *really* strong crushes 😉
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Current programs? None. But thanks to DVDs, I’m still falling in love with my old favorites: Remington Steele, Wings…
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I actually read two books this year, and I liked them both: “What Would MacGyver Do?” by Brendan Vaughn and “Helen of the Old House” by Harold Bell Wright.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I rediscovered several of my favorite, not-heard-in-WAY-too-long songs via their videos on the Internet, of which my most favorite is arguably this one.
27. What did you want and get?
My six-year-old computer was on the verge of crashing. I wanted it to keep working, so (yesterday) I tried reinstalling the operating system. The computer is now working with no Blue Screen of Death. And woo hoo, I had my files backed up prior to all of this!
28. What did you want and not get?
Fresh tomatoes. This spring, I planted two plants, but thanks to a worm attack, they produced only one small tomato.
29. What was your favorite film of the year?
Fave Film Released This Year: Ocean’s 13
Fave Film Of The Ones Seen This Year For The First Time: Pretty in Pink
Least Favorite Film Not Just Of 2007 But In All The Years Since I Saw Anaconda: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End
30. What did you do on your birthday?
My sister and I took the day off from work, and she drove me around as I shopped. Alas, I didn’t find anything to treat myself to. And I decided to get a haircut which turned out to be the worst one of the year. Grr.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If the company I worked for had been more profitable
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I experimented with some looks I’ve seen at work: flowy, “girly” tops and an accessory or two.
33. What kept you sane?
My faith and talking to my family
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kiefer Sutherland, I guess. As I recall, most of my “thoughts of fancy” in ’07 were directed toward people I know in real life.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I’m not really political…
36. Who did you miss?
Still the people from my old job: Mary, Cassandra, and Johnathan.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Jessica, from work.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Sometimes you get what you want only to discover that it isn’t what you were expecting.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“I survived all those long, lonely days when it seems I did not have a friend. ‘Cuz all I needed was a little faith so I could catch my breath and face the world again. Don’t forget your second wind.” from Billy Joel’s “Second Wind”