I penned these earlier this year after several hospital/doctor visits. (You know me: always trying to help as either a good example or, failing that, a horrible warning. 😉
– It is creepy as all get out when your nurse wears black scrubs.
– You never want to hear a trainee nurse say, “Uh oh” when she’s trying to insert an IV.
– If you want to be ignored, summarize your problem to your doctor as “it feels funny.”
– Don’t be afraid to ask a hospital staff member to repeat him or her self.
– When you receive your bills – and there will be more than one – sit down before you open them. It might be a good idea to have a paper bag on hand to breathe into.